Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Food For All


One of the greatest challenges of eating Primal is going out to eat. Most restaurants use an immense amount of sugar in their sauces and their meat sources are usually grain-fed at best.  That’s not to say it’s impossible to go out to eat, but thought must be placed onto each order.  That is, of course, unless you live near Mt. Airy, Pennsylvania.  That's where you will find Food For All, small restaurant serving everything, ready for this? Gluten-Free. The restaurant is small, but has a cozy and relaxed feeling. Of course, I wasn't there for the atmosphere, I was there for the food, and boy is the food good.




I normally ignore"Serves two labels"
but with my half gone I was full!
A fellow Ultra runner and Primal eater friend of mine, Maggie, brought my girlfriend and I, along with my daughter, there for brunch on a Sunday morning so breakfast was on our minds. There was only one problem with placing an order, everything on the menu sounds so good.  From the sandwiches, to the soups from scratch, even the, dare I say it, Bread’s, all made my stomach growl.  Eventually, we settled on a nice smorgasbord of; meaty breakfast pizza (scrambled eggs raw mozzarella, turkey sausage on a gluten-free pizza crust), gluten-free chocolate chip waffles for my daughter and a side of bacon. The food was incredibly satisfying, delicious, and damn near-perfect. If I lived closer I would be there every day for breakfast and judging by their sandwich list most likely lunch. Check them out Here and make sure you stop in and say hello; the people there are wonderful.



My Daughter was more interested
in the Pizza than her Waffles!
Minor side note: gluten-free waffles are made with rice flour and rice milk to avoid the gluten and dairy aspect. While rice is technically not Paleo or Primal it is still gluten-free and considered to be an acceptable cheat food.

No comments:

Post a Comment