Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Brownies?!

Supposedly there is some big sports game happening tomorrow that everyone is making a big deal about.  I was invited to a few parties and will being going to one in Maryland with some good friends. Unfortunately, this almost certainly means a lack of “good” food choices.  Almost everything will have Gluten in it and what doesn't will inevitably be loaded with sugar.  So, what's a modern day caveman supposed to do? For me, I’ll be bringing most of my own food.  I’m covering the basics of snack style foods with Grass-fed Jerky, Raw Almonds, and Veggies.  But that leaves, of course, the all powerful dessert. 


For this I’m making the tried and true (and always popular) Brownie.  But, with no added sugar and no grains finding the best recipe can be a challenge.  The one I found I like the most comes from Elana’s Pantry.  These Brownies are super simple and CRAZY good!

Drew’s take on Elana’s Brownies

1 (16 ounce) jar creamy roasted almond butter
2 eggs
1 cup honey (use local raw)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup cacao powder
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Dark Chocolate (80% or better) bar cut to chunks

1. In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with a hand blender
2. Blend in eggs, then blend in honey and vanilla
3. Blend in cacao, salt and baking soda, then fold in chocolate chips
4. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
5. Pour batter into dish
6. Bake at 325° for 25-40 minutes





Boom! You’re done! It's that easy and people will barely notice a difference, in fact my Dad likes this recipe (but my version with walnuts) better than the traditional recipe! Leave some comments and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment